Senior Marketing Manager
Circassia is a specialty biopharmaceutical business with an established commercial infrastructure, marketed products, a pipeline of near-term therapies and a portfolio of next generation treatments targeting major market opportunities. Circassia sells its novel, market-leading products for asthma management directly to allergy / asthma specialists in the United States and Germany. Its products are also promoted in a number of other countries by the Company’s network of partners.
Circassia’s broad-based development pipeline includes a range of treatments for respiratory disease and allergy. Circassia’s lead asthma treatment, which targets substitution of GSK’s Flixotide® pMDI, is approved in the UK, and the Company is developing therapies targeting direct substitution of Seretide® pMDI and Serevent® pMDI. The Company is also developing a number of novel treatments, including a fixed dose ‘triple’ combination containing an inhaled corticosteroid, long-acting beta agonist and long-acting muscarinic antagonist. Circassia’s allergy immunotherapies target cat, house dust mite, ragweed and grass allergies. For more information on Circassia please visit www.circassia.com.
In order to support these activities we are currently seeking a Senior Marketing Manager
Key Responsibilities of Role
The Senior Manager, Marketing, working in conjunction with the Vice President of Global Marketing/Director, Global Marketing, will be responsible for developing European wide tactical plans and key marketing initiatives that will drive revenue and share growth for Circassia’s fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO) brands for the NIOX portfolio. In addition, the Senior Manager will identify insights through ongoing market analysis and competitive assessment for the allergy/asthma market and lead European convention activity planning. Importantly, the Senior Manager, Marketing will work in collaboration with country marketing to ensure that the voice of the customer is incorporated effectively into the respective sales and marketing programs for which he/she is responsible to address the needs of the target audiences (healthcare professionals, patients and consumer) while adhering to country and Circassia guidelines.
Specific / Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensures the execution of marketing communications and initiatives support the brand strategy
- Participates and contributes to the development of the brand’s annual marketing plans and sales strategies, messaging and tools for all target customers (healthcare professionals, patients & consumers,) and supports sales activities
- Oversees day-to-day management of assigned marketing and brand initiatives
- Develops market and product forecasts in collaboration with Finance and Business Analytics and providing said forecasts to Supply/Distribution in a timely fashion
- Develops pre-launch, launch marketing and sales messages and tools for target customers
- Develops goals and analyses marketing programs from concept to implementation including metrics to assess performance and return on investment
- Develops messages and tools for field sales teams including collaborating with Training department
- Manages relationships with marketing agencies to ensure deliverables are satisfactorily met
- Manages and tracks all materials through internal approval process, thereby ensuring that all materials in use at any given time conform to all Circassia and Regulator policies/guidelines
- Manages and monitors respective marketing budget on a quarterly and yearly basis, ensuring ‘on-budget’ performance
- The Senior Marketing Manager will be expected to collaborate closely with Circassia (local) sales & marketing colleagues ensuring a solid implementation of global marketing strategies while at the same time honouring country specific differentiation needs
- Lead & coordinate on relevant Professional Relations activities
Qualifications and/or experience required to perform the role
- BA/BS in Marketing or in a business-related field is required; MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
- At least 5 years in marketing required. Experience with both European and global marketing preferred
- Previous marketing experience in the life sciences industry (i.e. pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device, and/or healthcare) required.
- Ability to understand challenges, solve problems, set priorities and drive for results
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and address situations quickly while maintaining the strategic intentions of the organisation
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of the organisation.
- Strong, demonstrated functional/technical skills
- Professional, proactive demeanor
- Excellent English written and oral skills
- Strong project management skills as well as an understanding of the need for internal controls
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills and ability to provide verbal and written feedback – positive and developmental – to foster a collaborative and productive environment of achievement that embraces personal accountability
- Ability to work independently and as a part of diverse teams. Must be self-motivated and have the drive to work with a sense of ownership for the position and department
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise multiple assignments, deliver activities and results while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Compliance with all relevant Circassia policies, procedures, and processes
- The flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and manage activities to meet the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on quality.
Thank you for considering a career at Circassia. If you would like to apply for the position, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name, location, email address and phone number
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Current salary
- Required salary
- Date available to start/notice period
After you have submitted this information, an email will be sent to you inviting you for a first interview. Due to the quantity of applications we receive, if you do not receive an email from us within 10 working days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
Circassia does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Circassia’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to Circassia. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Circassia. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Circassia. Circassia shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.