Manager, Health Economics and Market Access
Circassia is a specialty biopharmaceutical business with an established commercial infrastructure, marketed products, a pipeline of near-term therapies and a portfolio of next generation treatments targeting major market opportunities. Circassia sells its novel, market-leading products for asthma management directly to allergy / asthma specialists in the United States and Germany. Its products are also promoted in a number of other countries by the Company’s network of partners.
Circassia’s broad-based development pipeline includes a range of treatments for respiratory disease and allergy. Circassia’s lead asthma treatment, which targets substitution of GSK’s Flixotide® pMDI, is approved in the UK, and the Company is developing therapies targeting direct substitution of Seretide® pMDI and Serevent® pMDI. The Company is also developing a number of novel treatments, including a fixed dose ‘triple’ combination containing an inhaled corticosteroid, long-acting beta agonist and long-acting muscarinic antagonist. Circassia’s allergy immunotherapies target cat, house dust mite, ragweed and grass allergies. For more information on Circassia please visit www.circassia.com.
In order to support these activities we are currently seeking a Manager, Health Economic and Market Access
Key Responsibilities of Role
Circassia is in a period of growth therefore as part of this expansion we now need to increase our market access capabilities resulting in the creation of this brand new role. This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Market Access and Health Economics Manager to establish an international market access and reimbursement that can grow in line with Circassia’s ambitions. This role is specifically responsible for leading the development and implementation of public/private payer access and reimbursement strategies. This will involve working closely with the Director- Distributor Management on developing, shaping and executing a market access, pricing and reimbursement strategy for the distributor markets in EMEA, APAC and LATAM across the product range.
Additionally, this role leads the development of NIOX payer value propositions through partnership with cross-functional teams including Global Marketing, Medical Affair, Local Market Access, and Local distributors.
Specific / Other responsibilities will include:
- Design & shape the market access plan in the distributor markets in EMEA, APAC and LATAM.
- Analyse Business Development opportunities for coverage and reimbursement, existing and emerging payer policies, pricing and potential barriers to patient access.
- Build strong levels reimbursement dossiers with value propositions that can be adapted at local level
- Work with local distributor to develop and maintain an understanding of the evolving access environments and translate this into strategies and initiatives for Circassia’s product portfolios.
- Conduct ongoing payer insight generation and analysis uncovering shifts in payer control triggers driven by environmental trends, healthcare reforms and/or competitor activities.
- Partner with Global Marketing and Medical Affair to ensure the NIOX Integrated Evidence Plan delivers evidence that supports payer value propositions and sustainable pricing/reimbursement purposes.
- Lead the development of HE models and generating necessary evidence by working closely with Director – Distributor Management, Medical Affair Department, Global Marketing and Distributors.
- Develop strong positive external relationships with payer experts, KOL and academia.
- Develop a local pricing policy to lever opportunities that maximise profitability across the company.
- Support early engagement with the distributors and interface with local Clinical and Circassia Medical Affair on their programmes to ensure appropriate outcomes data for payers.
- Working closely with the Director – Distributor Management to engage the distributor in executing the pricing policy and support them with appropriate tools in order to maximise product value
- Influence decision making in alignment with supporting evidence
- Lead ongoing key performance indicator analysis and reporting for pricing/access to identify NIOX risks and opportunities. Partner with Distributor Market Access team to develop targeted action plans and/or payer tools to support Circassia’s initiatives to secure/maintain access.
- Support payer capabilities development training efforts across Advanced Customer Engagement Strategies, negotiations and pricing.
Qualifications and/or experience required to perform the role
- Masters degree or greater in business administration, health services research, public health or health economics.
- Extensive experience working with international distributors within Pricing and reimbursement (Medical devices and/ or Pharma).
- Expert understanding of the health care environment in EMEA and APAC region with a certain degree of understanding of LATAM markets.
- Extensive experience on developing Health-economic models in the international markets.
- Experience in asthma, allergy and related therapeutic areas a plus
- Must be able to translate numbers into insights and effectively communicate them to company stakeholders of all levels
- Must have an extremely high attention to detail and must deliver sound analyses
- Previous pharmaceuticals and/or medical devices experience.
- Natural curiosity is a must; healthy scepticism a plus
- Impeccable record of integrity, fair dealing, intelligence and enthusiasm
- Highly comfortable taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks with strong attention to detail, and ability to adjust swiftly in a business with changing priorities
The flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and manage activities to meet the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on quality.
Thank you for considering a career at Circassia. If you would like to apply for the position, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name, location, email address and phone number
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Current salary
- Required salary
- Date available to start/notice period
After you have submitted this information, an email will be sent to you inviting you for a first interview. Due to the quantity of applications we receive, if you do not receive an email from us within 10 working days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
Circassia does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Circassia’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to Circassia. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Circassia. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Circassia. Circassia shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.