Business Development Director
Circassia is a specialty biopharmaceutical business with an established commercial infrastructure, marketed products, a pipeline of near-term therapies and a portfolio of next generation treatments targeting major market opportunities. Circassia sells its novel, market-leading products for asthma management directly to allergy / asthma specialists in the United States and Germany. Its products are also promoted in a number of other countries by the Company’s network of partners.
Circassia’s broad-based development pipeline includes a range of treatments for respiratory disease and allergy. Circassia’s lead asthma treatment, which targets substitution of GSK’s Flixotide® pMDI, is approved in the UK, and the Company is developing therapies targeting direct substitution of Seretide® pMDI and Serevent® pMDI. The Company is also developing a number of novel treatments, including a fixed dose ‘triple’ combination containing an inhaled corticosteroid, long-acting beta agonist and long-acting muscarinic antagonist. Circassia’s allergy immunotherapies target cat, house dust mite, ragweed and grass allergies. For more information on Circassia please visit www.circassia.com.
In order to support these activities we are currently seeking a Business Development Director
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Take the lead on potential business development and product, with regular presentations to the CBO and other colleagues as required
- Drive commercial and business development initiatives, on licensing and partnering, to drive the value and growth of the company
- Ensure successful evaluation, structuring, and negotiation of deals, and participate in due diligence on BD & Licensing opportunities as and when required
- Analyse market and product opportunities – building the commercial reviews.
- Building 10 year plans for products/businesses
- Work with colleagues in commercial, legal, IP, finance, tax, R&D and supply chain to ensure that high quality contracts and commitments are negotiated and created to optimise the future commercial interests of the business
- Ensure optimal collaborative work ethos throughout the business, in particular with the R&D and Commercial teams to ensure effectiveness of BD efforts
- Build appropriate external image and keep regular contact/network with external audiences of relevance including attendance at related conferences and industry gatherings
- Manage BD opportunities from concept to conclusion including project managing Prospectus preparation and shareholder circulars where appropriate.
Specific / Other responsibilities will include:
- Solid experience and career progression (several years) in Biotech / Pharma / Generics with experience in senior BD&L roles with a proven personal track record of deal making in out-licensing and in-licensing
- Business understanding: able to quickly grasp the importance and transformational impact of Circassia’ technology platforms, to structure complex contracts and deals, and to perform market, company and product solution analysis
- Knowledge of public company requirements and what it takes to get deals approved.
- Knowledge of allergy and respiratory space coupled with an international network of relevance to Circassia’s focus will be highly valuable.
- Advanced negotiation skills: having played a leading role in negotiations and secured the closure of successful deals
- Evidence of initiative, drive and energy and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and networking skills. Should be comfortable with attending conferences and partnering events, and level speaking with key opinion leaders, scientists and licensing professionals
- Well-developed skills in scientific, financial and market analysis, pricing and structuring associated with deal making
- Proactive and goal-oriented while also sensitive to the needs of individuals, able to support, develop and motivate people to get the best out of them
- An excellent communicator, influencer and negotiator with the confidence and professional competence to win respect and gain credibility at all levels within and outside the Circassia;
- A strong team player, open to challenge and criticism and equally not afraid to speak their mind, stand their ground and challenge others; flexible, practical and pragmatic; proactive and willing to take the initiative; and comfortable in a fast-moving, dynamic, team-based environment
Qualifications and/or experience required to perform the role
- Minimum First Degree, preferably in Science or Engineering, plus ideally an additional business qualification such as an MBA
- The flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and manage activities to meet the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on quality.
Thank you for considering a career at Circassia. If you would like to apply for the position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full name, location, email address and phone number
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Current salary
- Required salary
- Date available to start/notice period
After you have submitted this information, an email will be sent to you inviting you for a first interview. Due to the quantity of applications we receive, if you do not receive an email from us within 10 working days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
Circassia does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Circassia’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to Circassia. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Circassia. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Circassia. Circassia shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.